baby lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

baby lounge

we are a new site for everyone to come and chat about there precious babies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Giving up smoking!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 12:14 pm

For all of you that don't know me very well, I am a seriously heavy smoker....... I have tried everything to give up, even the news of me having a baby could not stop me...Well the day has finally come!!!!!!!

I've caught a really bad cold off my friends little girl, my throat hurts so much and I'm coughing to such an extent I DON'T WANT A CIGARETTE! I last had a cigarette at 7pm last night, so it's nearly been 24hours! Obviously being pregnant, I can't use patches, sprays or inhalators....so I'm going cold turkey....

Will let you know how it goes, and inform you all when I slip up lol!
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 12:42 pm

good luck laura will keep my fingers crossed that you can do it xx
Back to top Go down
cas
Admin
cas

Number of posts : 306
Awards : [
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Good luck. You can do it laura
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi all, day 2 is nearly over and still had not one puff of a nasty cigarette! My partner is finding it difficult though bless him, so hes been banished to outside in the cold hahaha
This cold is starting to feel like a blessing in disguise, just wish it would go away now Sad
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Well done

Thats it take 1 day at a time and kp him outside if it helps u lol!

Also use us lot when u think u need 1, mayb just switchin on and postin 4 bit mite just let cravin pass

Gd luck with it
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:57 am

big well done hun i gabve up smoking wen i was pregnant with alex and i was a heavy smoker am here if u need to chat xxxx it helps trust me lol
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm

hi laura just wondering how you are getting on
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Am doing okayish, its day 4, and I had a couple of puffs yesterday and a couple of puffs today, purely becos ive been in so much pain and the nicotine seems to calm baby down - guess its where shes so used to it? Seeing as i was on about 20 a day until Sat night, I'm stil proud of myself.
My cold seems to be getting better and I'm not wanting to smoke more, so maybe this is it now cheers xx
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry to report back that I'm smoking again Sad but I have cut down alot compared to what I was smoking (think i was on about 20 a day and now its more like 3-5) I'm going to continue trying to cut down, so that when Taylor is born, she doesn't have nicotine withdrawal xx
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:29 am

Awwww hugs but def sounds like ur still doin well a big diff. Mayb doin it in stages mite work btr 4 u and baby i no u shud while preg but if baby used 2 it mayb takin it off slowly will help it 2

Good luck still
Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:42 pm

WELL DONE FOR CUTTING DOWN SO MUCH, IT IS HARD XXXX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giving up smoking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giving up smoking!   Giving up smoking! Empty

Back to top Go down

Giving up smoking!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
baby lounge :: mumszone chat room-
Jump to: