baby lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

baby lounge

we are a new site for everyone to come and chat about there precious babies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Family re-union tomorrow...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Family re-union tomorrow... Empty
PostSubject: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 am

I will be meeting some extended family tomorrow, that I didn't even know existed until last Tuesday, and I'm really worried.

At my nans funeral last week, I met my (half) brother and sister.....it was really strange as I have always been an only child and cannot imagine it any other way. It sounds horrible, but I really didn't make an effort with them when I met them because I thought I would never see or hear from them again, but they have both added me on Facebook, sent me their phone numbers and addresses.

My partner and I have been invited to my nieces (apparently I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews!) 5th birthday tomorrow, it sounds silly but I feel really uneasy. When I met them last week, they didnt feel like my "family" just 2 people that look like me... I think that tomorrow will either be the making of a friendship or breaking. I admit that I was not very opened minded when I met them the first time, so I guess I've just got to see how we all get on tomorrow.

Sorry everyone, just needed to get that off my chest. My partner doesn't understand as he has always been very close to all of his family and he thinks I'm blowing things out of proportion Sad xx

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:14 am

hunni Good luck for your meeting with your family sweetie,

the reason you're probably uneasy about it all is because for so long its just been you hun and all of a sudden all these people you never even knew existed appear
it's a natural reaction to be worried/nervous or generally cautious as sub conciously your head is protecting your heart, trust me i've been there with my dad hun. Your head gets involved first to protect your feelings, just see how it goes hunni and take it slow.. you never know this could be the start of something great Smile

Im about later tonight if you wanna chat about things when your back hunni just catch me on facebook

Take care
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
mz1
Admin
mz1

Number of posts : 157
Awards : Family re-union tomorrow... Mums100
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:29 pm

hi hunnie how did it go u know were all here for you xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:34 am

hope it went ok hun for u xxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:41 am

hope everything went ok for you xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi all,
It went okay, was quite uncomfortable to begin with, especially meeting all the nieces and nephews (you know how kids can be, they're all aged between 7 and 2) I seemed to get on with one sibling better than the other, but I've been told thats natural anyway, we're just more alike and don't have much trouble striking up a conversation!
I don't think I'll be seeing them again, at least until baby is born, cos it was quite unsettling, but it will be nice for my daughter to have some cousins and an Auntie and Uncle.
xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:34 am

Glad it went ok and hope u do kp in touch always nice 2 have family around
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:50 am

glad it went ok hun xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family re-union tomorrow...   Family re-union tomorrow... Empty

Back to top Go down

Family re-union tomorrow...
Page 1 of 1